- 1 pound yellow squash, sliced
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter (room temp)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 Roasted Vegetable RITZ crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add sliced yellow squash and zucchini, and bring back to a boil
- Cook vegetables until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and transfer vegetables to a large bowl.
- Mix Cheddar cheese, butter, eggs, sugar, and salt with the cooked vegetables using a large spoon; stir until butter has melted. Gently fold the crushed RITZ crackers into the mixture until the liquid has been absorbed. Pour mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish; Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping is lightly browned and cheese is melted, 30 minutes.